Research suggests that people struggling with a gambling problem can spend up to 80% of their time thinking about gambling. This leaves just 20% of their time for checking Sportsbet Twitter and watching our funny videos on YouTube. When so much of your time is spent thinking about one thing it’s not going to be easy to give up. The key is to break the thought and behavioural patterns which lead to excessive gambling. Very often boredom is a key catalyst and by filling your time with healthier and more constructive activities you can regain control. Particularly during vulnerable times when you may feel compelled to bet.
Tips for finding alternative activities;
Learn how to relax; getting plenty of rest and eating properly can help you stick to your goal of reducing or giving up gambling. A counsellor may be able to help you find something that suits you. Support organisations can be found here