Gambling & You
Most gamblers who struggle with self-control over their gambling, find access to cash is one of the main challenges to maintaining self-control. Many who stop gambling take a lot of trouble to get their cash flow under control.
- Have wages collected by spouse or family member
- Ensure all accounts need two signatures to take out cash
- Pay bills immediately by automatic transfer, cheque or credit card
- Tell family and friends what you're doing
- Ensure they have been told not to lend you money
- All cash flow must be ‘visible' on account print-outs
- Make new plans to control cash flow when there is a change, such as a holiday or a new job
- Try avoiding credit cards
- Inform your friends and family of what you’re going through and instruct them not to lend you money.
To see how Gambling impacts your life try our budget calculator.