“Responsible Gambling” is gambling for pleasure and entertainment whilst remaining fully aware of the risks, exercising control and maintaining balance with other aspects of life so as not to cause harm to yourself or others.
The aim is to enable people to make informed decisions about their participation in gambling and, if harm has occurred, to provide access to gambling help services.
At Sportsbet we are committed to bringing excitement to life through Sports betting whilst ensuring we are playing an active role in ensuring all customers are gambling in a responsible manner.
Things to remember about responsible gambling.
- We want you to enjoy winning but we need you to be aware that gambling is a game of chance and the outcome is not in your control.
- It’s important that you realise the potential impact of gambling whilst under the influence of problematic substances. Despite what you may think at the time they won’t help you pick a winner.
- Control your gambling. Management of your finances, including awareness of expenditure on gambling is an important factor.
- Once you’ve lost a bet move on. Chasing lost money is not a successful tactic.
- Gambling should be a part of your social life without dominating it. Responsible gambling is about making it a positive and enjoyable experience.
Click on the links below to find out more about: